Delivery & Packaging
Do you deliver everywhere in the UK?
We deliver everywhere in the mainland United Kingdom with the exception of these regions:
- Northern Ireland
- The Scottish Highlands and Islands
- The Isle of Man; and
- The Isle of Wight
What are the delivery charges?
- Standard next day delivery to the rest of the UK is £8.80 (includes VAT)
This covers only a part of our total delivery and special packaging costs (just under £15 for each package), so we have a voluntary tipping option at the checkout.
How is my food kept fresh?
We use special wool insulated cardboard boxes along with ice packs inside. This insulated packaging keeps the food chilled for up to 48hrs.
How do we order?
- Its super simple. Select the dishes you like from the menu, then pick the date you want the food delivered at the checkout and complete your payment details. That's how simple it is.
On very rare occasions our courier may fail to deliver on the selected date. When this happens they automatically upgrade it to next day delivery and our packing ensures the food stays chilled for 48 hours. However, if you’re planning a special meal we recommend that you order a day ahead to avoid disappointment.
What are your delivery days?
Our delivery days are Wednesday every week.
What happens when no one is present to collect the order?
- We request that customers provide a delivery address where someone will be present to collect the order, or alternatively provide a safe place to leave the order.
- If you know that you or your recipient are not at home during working hours, we recommend that you instead provide a business/workplace address for us to deliver to.
- If nobody is available to accept delivery, the courier company will leave it at a safe location and take a picture for records.
Do you accept returns?
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the goods, we cannot accept any returns.
Can we collect?
- At present customers may opt to collect from Fidget & Bob located at Kennet Island Or Clay's located at 45, London Street, Reading, Geo Cafe in Caversham, Double-Barrelled from Tilehurst or from our restaurant in central Reading. Please select the appropriate pickup option when ordering.
- We do not charge for local collections but, as above, our packaging costs are still high so there is a tipping option if you wish to help us cover this.
- Fidget & Bob’s - full address is The Piazza, Whale Ave, Reading RG2 0GX. Please check their opening hours at https://www.fidgetandbob.co.uk. Collection days are Friday's. To collect on any Friday, orders must be placed before 12 noon the previous day which is Thursday .
- Geo Cafe - full address is 10 Prospect St, Caversham, Reading RG4 8JG. Please check their opening hours at https://geo-cafe.co.uk. Collection days are Friday's. To collect on any Friday, orders must be placed before 12 noon the previous day which is Thursday.
- Double-Barrelled - full address is Unit 20 Stadium Way, Reading RG30 6BX. Please check their opening hours at https://doublebarrelled.co.uk/taproom. Collection days are Friday's and Saturday's. To collect, orders must be placed before 12 noon Thursday.
- Clay's - full address is Clays, 45 London Street, Reading, RG1 4PS. Collection days are Thursdays. To collect on any Thursday, the order has to be placed before 12 noon the previous day, i.e Wednesday.